Are you interested in taking action on bills that WCC supports or opposes, or learning how to track and take action on bills you care about?
- Tracking bills
- Calling your State legislators
- Writing letters to the editor
- Utilizing Remote Testimony
- And more!
Click here to register and we’ll send you information on how to join the webinar a few days before the event!
Every year Western Colorado Congress takes a delegation of members to the state Captiol in Denver to lobby for legislation that benefits our Western Slope communities. It’s our People’s Lobby Trip, and grassroots democracy at its finest. This year’s trip is set for March 12 -March 14, and we want you to join us!
The People’s Lobby Trip is free for all WCC members and covers travel, lodging, and meals.
If you haven’t joined us on our Lobby Trip before, or are unfamiliar with the Legislative process, we’ll meet before the trip to get you familiar with the event.
- Meet with WCC’s Legislative liaison
- Dine with our Legislators
- Watch the action on the House & Senate Floor
- Meet face to face with our elected officials on issues important to WCC’s members
- Sit in on Committees
- Grow as citizen-leaders
- Get to know each other
- Take a road trip together
- And more!
WORC’s Principles of Community Organizing training develops skills of leaders and staff to build powerful organizations and launch winning issue campaigns. The hands-on workshop covers the basics of leadership, fundraising, organizational development, and community organizing.
These workshops cover the range of skills and topics for community organizers and leaders of grassroots community organizations.
- Why we organize
- Roles of leaders and staff
- Membership recruitment
- Developing an issue campaign
- Planning and taking actions
- Healthy organizations
- Leadership development
- Building strong relationships
- Working with the media
- Running good meetings
- Grassroots fundraising
Fee is $100 for approved members of Western Colorado Congress; contact the WCC office in Grand Junction at 970-256-7650 to request approval. Click here to submit application to WORC.